Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Freedom French Toast 5/10

Pg 42

I made this one morning when I had a canceled class, and it proves as a testament that I am not a complete Sarah Kramer ass-kisser. I honestly didn't see the big deal about this dish, it requires blending silken tofu for the "egg" part but I didn't find it worth the effort. She said "This is one of my all time favorite recipes to make for friends. Their eyes become as big as saucers with the first bite. I love it!!!"

Sorry Sarah, I wasn't feeling it. I prefer just soaking toast (especially breadstick toast) in almond milk, adding the spices and going from there. Sarah's toast wasn't bad, it was just meh. I had to rate it a 5 because I would technically make it again, but only if I was out of almond milk.

I also find the use of the title irritating. It was a political thing for Americans to replace the word  french from the name of dishes (for example French Fries) with the word freedom. That on it's own is obnoxious enough. I don't think that indulging in "other culture's" food but renaming it has much political significance. Just eat your damn toast. Anyway, I don't see why she is using both Freedom and French...is she confused or was she just planning on confusing us?

No comments:

Post a Comment