Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Miki's Pumpkin Bread 7/10

I feel like this deserves another try. 

When it was right out of the oven it was deliscous- incredibley moist. Once it cooled a bit  I had another piece and noticed that the moisture seemed a bit much, like it was undercooked. I tried to save it by putting it back in the oven...which in retrospect doesn't seem like a very safe strategy, but when it came out (again) it wasn't really any better or worse. For the record I did follow all of the instructions, and when it came out of the oven the first time I tested it in the middle with a toothpick and it came out completely clean.

It wasn't perticularly bad, or good.

I found that it had a very dense, spongy texture and it was extremelly moist. I don't know if it is normal for pumpkin bread to be like that...I have a feeling it is due to the flax seed goo egg replacement. I think if I make it again I will try to use 3 different egg replacements or maybe one that will result in a lighter texture?

The chocolate chips make for an odd but yummy flavor combo with the spices.

Overall- 7/10 from two ratings (6 from me and 8 from my friend)



No comments:

Post a Comment