Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Kissing Cousins Oat Bread 6.85/10

So it's hard to make a plain square loaf of bread look appetizing, but I'm trying for you guys. Let it be known my house was filled with hungry mongrels on the night I made this.

There were 7 of us that night and 5 people rated it a 6, one person an 8, and one person a 6.5, but then later called me on the phone to tell me he couldn't stop wondering why he didn't rate it a 10 because it was the best bread he had ever had! I thought he was exaggerating, but he go me reminiscing about the oaty warm goodness against the tart jam I had. Bread from the oven is pretty tasty.

So this recipe gets an overall rating of 6.85. Pretty precise eh?

It's not really a dessert loaf, and I only loved it when it was piping hot and spread with vegan butter and jam. I don't really have any suggestions however, except that if you make some extra oat flour it's nice to throw in to pancakes and its also handy to mix with water and use as a natural facial.

No comments:

Post a Comment